10/31/06

10/30/06 (It's Halloweeeeen....)

Another meandering show. Some good connections. A guy called in to tell me that George Harrison was the best Beatle. I had to agree that he was underappreciated. The show was all on CD and vinyl, mostly vinyl. I need that pop and tone. At the end of the show, I had Michael Jackson's Halloween classic "Thriller" cued up but there wasn't enough time. Oh well. Most people know that tune anyways. Here is the playlist, enjoy:

If You Got the Money I've Got the Time / Lefty Frizzell / Look What Thoughts Will Do
Whiskey River (live) / Willie Nelson / Willie and the Family Live
Union Square / Tom Waits / Rain Dogs
Her Eyes Are a Blue Million Miles (live) / Captain Beefheart and the Magic Band / I'm Going to Do What I Want to Do
Flower Punk / Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention / We're Only in It For the Money
Where Do I Go / The Free Design / Heaven/Earth
Love is a Many Splendored Thing / Ringo Starr / Sentimental Journey
I'd Have You Anytime / George Harrison / All Things Must Pass
Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey / Paul McCartney (Wings) / Ram
John Sinclair (live) / John Lennon and Yoko Ono / Some Time in New York City/Live Jam
Rag Mama Rag / The Band / The Band
Most Likely You Go Your Way and I'll Go Mine / Bob Dylan / Blonde On Blonde
My Flash On You / Love / Love
Fresh Air / Quicksilver Messenger Service / Just For Love
Sweet Jane (live) / The Velvet Underground / 1969: Velvet Underground Live
Friction / Television / Marquee Moon
Fire in the Hole / Steely Dan / Can't Buy a Thrill
Giving to You / Traffic / Mr. Fantasy
Soul Kitchen / The Doors / The Doors
All White (live) / The Soft Machine / Six
Pick Up the Pieces / Average White Band / AWB
Lunarputians / Billy Cobham / Total Eclipse
Also Sprach Zarathustra / Eumir Deodato / Prelude
You're the One / King Curtis / Everybody's Talkin'
Sing a Simple Song / Sly and the Family Stone / Stand!
Is You Is or Is You Ain't My Baby / Jimmy Smith / Stay Loose...Jimmy Smith Sings Again
Makin' It Better / The Barons / New Orleans' Funkiest Delicacies
Get Up (I Feel Like Being A) Sex Machine Pt. 1 / James Brown / single 45
Party Time / Roy Porter / California Soul
Frontier Psychiatrist / The Avalanches / Since I Left You
The Horror / RJD2 / Deadringer
It's Halloween Dub / Tino / Tino's Breaks 6: Hallowe'en Dub

1 Comments:

Blogger Vegan in furs sang...

oh fuck yeah for television. i like this playlist best so far, maybe.

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home